The OLA will be hiring a couple Regional Co-ordinators to assist in the implementation and on-going program administration. Regional Co-ordinators are expected to have regular contact with sites, their youth, and administrators in a specific area.
Do you have what it takes to be a Regional Co-ordinator? Do you know somebody who is extremely organized, an excellent communicator, and is reliable and dependable to work from home? If the answer is yes, then the YIP program needs to hear about these people.
The OLA is seeking cover letters and résumés from Ontario youth who might be able to help OLA implement the program. Up to four positions may be available. These will be 500 to 700 hours and will pay $22.00 per hour (subject to change and final approvals). Regional Co-ordinators should meet the following criteria.
Regional Co-ordinators must:
- be between 15–30 years old at time of start of their internship.
- be a post-secondary graduate or have completed at least one post-secondary course.
- not have worked as a Youth Intern or Regional Co-ordinator in the past.
- intend to acquire digital skills and knowledge.
- be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada and be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- not be in receipt of Employment Insurance benefits while participating in the Internship.
A sample job description can be viewed here (RC Job Description).
Apply before October 26, 2016 for consideration for the 2016–2017 Regional Co-ordinator team:
Youth Internship Program Administration
by email: firstname.lastname@example.org